X-Box 5.1 Through PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatham

Beta member
I've got a good set of Creative 5.1 Speakers and I want to get my X-Box to play through them. I heard that I can get a soundcard that can make this work. What's the cheapest soundcard I can get to make this happen?

Thanx

Re:

Hello,

It is possible to obtain surround sound from your xbox, in two ways.

Both ways require your to purchase a special adaptor such as the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006ZS92/ref=br_lf_vg_h__0/202-0281208-0533438

Basically, this is an AV cable with all the connectors you'll ever need for audio and video on your xbox, which most vitally includes an optical toslink interface.

The first option is to purchase a surround sound system / home theatre system, which has an optical interface. Very simply, you'd just hook up the optical cable from the xbox to the surround sound system, and that's it! The system would have to have a toslink optical interface.

The second is to hook it up to your computer. In order to achieve full surround sound, you'll need a surround sound speaker system for the PC, either 3.5mm analogue connectors or toslink optical digital connectors. You'll then need a sound card with an optical interface, plus 3.5mm analogue audio ports. You'd then hook your xbox to the sound card's optical in port via the optical cable, then hoo your speakers either by the 2.5mm audio jacks, or with an optical cable to the optical out port (depending on what PC speakers you have). That's all there is really :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom