Wtf cod4 single player lag on my new computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzr22

Solid State Member
I just installed cod4 on my computer and even in single player with all settings turned down there is innormous lag. This site Can You Run It
which was recommended to me by a friend my computer passes. Here is the results

CPU
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/ Athlon 64 2800+ (Intel & Athlon 1.8 GHz Dual Core or better supported)
You Have: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2600 @ 2.16GHz
PASS

CPU Speed
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz/ Athlon 64 2800+ (Intel & Athlon 1.8 GHz Dual Core or better supported)
You Have: 2.16 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: 512 MB (768 MB for Windows Vista)
You Have: 3.2 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP/Vista only
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600)
PASS

Video Card
Minimum: 128MB 3d Hardware Accelerated card required-100% DirectX 9.0c compatible and latest drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 6600+ / ATI Radeon 9800 Pro+)
You Have: GeForce Go 7300
PASS
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 256.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 3.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 3.0

DirectX version
Minimum: 9.0c
You Have: 9.0c
PASS

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC
PASS

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 8 GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 600 MB for Windows swap file)
You Have: 17.1 GB
PASS

DVD-ROM
Minimum: 6X DVD-ROM
You Have: PKT 96FCTMV SCSI CdRom Device
PASS

my computer passes all categories. I am really at a loss as to what to do here any help would be greatly apreciated
thanks

What follows may help, but I just noticed that you are trying to run it using a GeForce Go 7300. That is probably your main problem. You are literally just above the bare minimum for the game.
===========================================================

Odds are stuff running in the background is dragging your computer down.

Do a full system scan with both anti-virus and anti-spyware apps. I you don't have an AV, use Eset's online scanner:
Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner
Use this for spyware:
|MG| Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.41 Download

Install CCleaner:
|MG| CCleaner Slim 2.24.1010 Download
Run it and let it clean up loose files and such. Then click the Tools icon and then click Startup. Disable everything you can live without it starting up with Windows (leave your AV, firewall, and such).

Once you finish, reboot.

Now defrag your disk drive. Window's defrag isn't the best, but it is better than nothing. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter. Use it to defrag your hard drive.

Ty for the post and i did all the steps but it is still lagging is there anything i can do?

If it was me, I would return it since you said it was new, and get something better. Let us know your budget.

It is most def the video card. Although your card passes doesn't mean it is fast enough. The minimum system reqs are set to the lowest possible hardware it takes to run a game. Not necessarily smoothly. You do not have high enough pixel shader for smooth gameplay. 2.0 is not good enough and it will lag. (WITH MY EXPERIENCE)

Make sure your settings in the game are turned down. Thats about all you can do besides turning off background processes or getting a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom