WRT54GL vpn access

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I have been trying to establish a vpn connection to my friends WRT54GL router but with no luck. He has enabled port forwarding for port 500 & 1723, the two ports that I am connecting to. On my router was well as his vpn passthrough is enabled of course as is on most routers by default.

When I try to connect he notices in the logs my connection attempts on the above mentioned ports but tha is af far as I can get. He disabled the firewall on the router and we tried with out the firewall but the same result.

I am using windows 7 to establish the vpn connection and I also installed openVPN and I tried with that as well but of course with no results either. So what do you think is the problem and where is it occuring?

He is using Firmware Version : v4.30.7, Jun. 20, 2006. I am using Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2

Are you trying to vpn into his router? I'm using 4.30.7 too, and can't find any option to access the router via a vpn... I've only know ssh. Plus don't know why you'd want to get into his router OS.

If youre vpn into his computer does he hAve his end setup?

I do not think that we understand each other. I want to passthrough his router so that I would surf the net with his IP. It is not about accessing his router via vpn. I do not want that. I have searched google and there is information on how to connection two WRT54GL routers over vpn but I am not sure if you have to have the same router and/or firemware. I know that is how I gave the title to the thread but I messed it up.

Does he have a vpn server on his end? Passthrough only allows the firewall to allow you to get to a vpn device or server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom