Wireless Zero Configuration Service Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybness

Solid State Member
Hello,
I'm working on a laptop now where the WZC Service is stopped by default when you turn the computer on. I set it to "Automatic" and started the service, but it continues to "unstart" itself. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this happening before, and if so, how you resolved it. Thanks.

~Josh

Oh yeah...for clarification, once the service is started, it's fine until a restart. When I said that it "unstarts" itself, I meant that it does so upon a restart. Sorry about that.

~Josh

Do you have another program controlling a network adapter on your computer such as netgear/dlink configuration utility etc.. if you do these programs stop the WirelessZeroCS so they can run there own program.

just open up the utility thats controlling the adapter and set it to use windows ZCS

or open the network conections folder(in control panel) right click on your adapter>properties>wirlessnetworks> and tick use windows to configure.....
this should make the WZCS start everytime..
hope it help :D

I noticed a Broadcom utility that seems to be controlling the show. I just can't figure out how to disable it, or if that's even a good idea. I also tried the Control Panel adjustment, but couldn't find the actual adapter. (This is tough, b/c I don't have the unit here with me atm).

I am guessing that you were having the same wireless internet probs that I was having heh :-\

For me unfortunately I never found a way, I just did it manually each time.

Did anyone ever figure out how to fix this? I have the same problem, and ticking "use windows to configure" on my wireless connection doesn't fix it--if I restart the laptop or wake it up from sleep, it's disabled again and I have to manually restart WZC and then go into the connection and retick "use windows to configure."

I'm sure this is a problem resulting from my recent installation of a NetGear WGT624 router, but it's not showing me any programs that I can disable! I would if I could, believe me.

Hmm check to see if you have this in your registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Run
WZC-Killer REG_SZ "c:windowssystem32net.exe" stop WZCSVC

If so, change it cause is stops WZ every restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom