Wireless Modem Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Im looking for a Wireless G or N Modem/Router thats ADSL2+ compatible for under $120AUD.

Also has to be Linksys, D-Link or NetGear. I dont really like Netcomm because they make the wired ADSL2+ modem i have now and its junk.

Thanks for any help.

Im looking for a Wireless G or N Modem/Router thats ADSL2+ compatible for under $120AUD.

Also has to be Linksys, D-Link or NetGear. I dont really like Netcomm because they make the wired ADSL2+ modem i have now and its junk.

Thanks for any help.

Make sure your ISP supports use of other modems. My old ISP used only a Westell 6100 DSL modem, and could not use any other modems.

Personally, I would recommend that you do NOT get a modem/router combo. The way I see it, you're better off with a nice router, and then whatever modem your ISP supplies you with. That way, if you change to a different type of service, Sat or Cable, you can keep all the settings you already configured, and you just have to plug the router into the new modem... That's just my personal preference.

And with that, I would recommend a D-Link WBR-2310. I have had one for over 2 years now and this thing is ROCK SOLID!! The ONLY trouble I had with it was overheating when I had my DSL modem on top of it (cause that sucker way almost to hot to handle). Put modem a few inches away, and trouble was resolved.

Here is a Newegg link for you (I know, no AUS, but it will give you an idea of price, and the spec's. plus I don't know the conversion rates).
Newegg.com - D-Link WBR-2310 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Rangebooster G Router - Wireless Routers

I really would like a modem as well, this one is cutting in and out and just stops responding. Say my ISP did support other modems, which would you recommend.

Thanks again for the help.

EDIT: I checked on the site, the officially support and provide documentation for about 10 modem/routers.

This is one i was looking at that they supported: D-Link DSL G604T

What do you make of it?

The D-Link products that I own, I haven't had a problem with. (Well, the DNS-323 had some issues with the first firmware, but that's sort of a given with ANY hardware running a 1.00 firmware....). I am not familiar with that specific D-Link offering, so take it as YMMV....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom