Wireless G Adapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
Im looking for a new wireless adapter right now i have an internal one and its over 4 years old and got alot of disconnects happening..i have a desktop..which is better to get internal or usb im good with pcs i have no problem opening it up and putting the internal in if thats whats better,would prefer something that cost no more then 50 dollars..i do alot of downloading and viewing of streaming video online if that matters , i have an zyxel x-550 router so please recommend the type of adapter and the model please

Wireless network adapters don't wear out. Its age shouldn't affect performance. Before spending money on a new adapter, you might want to do some troubleshooting with the hardware you have.

I disagree with Helix. Hardware breaks, that's one of the main sources of income for vendors selling hardware, selling replacement hardware. Try your standard internal Linksys G adapter. If it does not work... take it back and start trouble shooting.

I would be careful about mixing and matching different manufacturers for wireless set ups. Occasionally, you will run into a vexing manufacturer incompatibility issue.

Hardware can and does fail. I certainly wasn't suggesting that it doesn't. In the case of a component with no moving parts, age generally isn't a factor.

Before purchasing new hardware, I'd suggest trying some basic troubleshooting like resetting the router, reinstalling the adapter drivers, trying it on another computer, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom