Windows 8 Slated For 2012 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Windows 8 Slated For 2012 Release

Microsoft has released two roadmaps at this years Professional Developer's Conference (PDC 2009) which both suggest a Windows 8 release in 2012. This confirms earlier rumors that Microsoft's next desktop operating system after Windows 7 would be released in three year's time. To be more precise, the roadmaps that Microsoft showcased at the conference show the Microsoft server releases over the years. The first of the two roadmaps does mention Windows 7 (but not Windows Vista) along with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 releases.
The 2012 release is codenamed Windows 8 and Microsoft does not explicitly state that this will also be the release year of the new operating system although that is generally assumed by everyone.

Well lets see...

Windows 7 released 2009

Windows release cycle is 3 years

2009 + 3 = 2012

Shocking how they figured that out....

Strange how i said this so many times before.

Here is a prediction. Windows 9 in 2015! I am calling it now in 2009.

I willing to bet they'll actually have a longer time until Windows 8 simply because of the success of 7; 2013 or 2014 perhaps.

Here is a prediction. Windows 9 in 2015! I am calling it now in 2009.

Wait so it is kind of like the Olympics except every 3 years instead of four? What a concept. I cannot wait for Window 109 in 2315. :)

I willing to bet they'll actually have a longer time until Windows 8 simply because of the success of 7; 2013 or 2014 perhaps.

Actually I believe with the success of Win7 they would be more apt to try hard to keep on schedule to keep the positive outlook.

They wont hold off. Win 98 was a success in its day and they still pushed out ME. Which led to Win2000 a year later and then XP a year after that. It doesnt matter the success. Progress is progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom