Windows 7 No Mic Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeeRoMaKi

In Runtime
(posted this once before with no help but now new info about it)

I've tried to find every option online to enable mic boost on windows 7 but it just doesn't have the sliders it should. I also know I CAN enable mic boost and that it works cause when I had vista I used it, and the fact now that I just DLed TF2 I found out that mic boost in the game works, can be enabled and is. so my soundcard/headset def allows it, the option on the sound settings in windows just won't show it. Is there any way to force it in any kind of way without the slider since I can't get the slider to work? There is only a Levels tab, with only the level of hearing yourself, there is no custom bar, and no boost mic slider under levels either. but it WORKS in TF2 which is what has got me confused I can mic boost myself in that game and bam i can hear myself, then turn off game mic boost aint on no more cause its the game allowing it to be enabled when it should be able to be enabled always! hmph win7! >_<

I think it depends on the drivers you have installed - even if your mic has mic boost if the driver you have installed doesn't recognize it then windows 7 won't show it.

I know for a fact that windows 7 does support it because i'm looking at my mic boost right now and its at +30.0 db

is there any way to force it in some sort of config files or something? i've tried new and old audio drivers none get it to pop up and i dont see point of buying a new headset if the windows won't even let me boost the mic >_<

Haha i understand, i'm thinking it's driver specific. I've heard a lot of people complain about no mic boost - i just think a limited number of device manuf. actually integrated mic boost into their driver.

I know not all devices can use the same drivers - but try the driver i have:
Advanced Micro Devices file version 7.12.0.770
Also have a VIA High Definition Audio by Microsoft version 6.1.7600.16385 (win 7_rtm.090713-1255)

Hope that pushes you in the right direction. Doesn't sound like your device has drivers (old or new) that have that mic boost option in win 7, try a few other manufacturers to see if those work.

none of that worked sadly i got the ones from 2010 from vias site which gave me the HD deck but still no boost there.. guess ima need to ditch these $60 headsets for none usb mic that will plug in to the normal plugs think thats my only option :/ grr win 7 grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom