Windows 7 Hanging at Ctrl-Alt-Del

This is the reason. Remove such crap (PUP) forever and You pc works more than 3 times faster.
I don't like McAfee either. But this it's deployed and wanted by another department in the IT office as they'd like a centralised solution.

I doubt it's causing some programs on many PCs to hang sometimes, specially Outlook. Plus it looks like it's the one that has slowed down some PCs terribly. The problem of the subject of this tread however is unique to a single PC.

Anyway, I am very curios to know what you have to say about McAfee 10.2.

I don't like McAfee either. But this it's deployed and wanted by another department in the IT office as they'd like a centralised solution.

I doubt it's causing some programs on many PCs to hang sometimes, specially Outlook. Plus it looks like it's the one that has slowed down some PCs terribly. The problem of the subject of this tread however is unique to a single PC.

Anyway, I am very curios to know what you have to say about McAfee 10.2.

McAfee is horrible and has been for a long time. I would strongly suggest a different solution that is less invasive. There are tons of programs with centralized solutions: Symantec, Webroot, Kaspersky, Trend Micro. Just to name a few. I would suggest them checking into those.

Regardless, did you try disabling the McAfee from startup? Just because it doesn't happen sometimes doesn't mean that the software isn't at fault. I would turn it off and leave it off for a while. If it doesn't happen again until you turn it back on, chances are incredibly high that it's causing the issue.

Regardless, did you try disabling the McAfee from startup? Just because it doesn't happen sometimes doesn't mean that the software isn't at fault. I would turn it off and leave it off for a while. If it doesn't happen again until you turn it back on, chances are incredibly high that it's causing the issue.
This hanging at Ctrl-Alt-Del on that PC did not happen again, so I cannot tell.

But the other problems that occurred recently on many PCs disappeared when I disabled McAfee from msconfig. However msconfig cannot disable all its services.

Back
Top Bottom