win 7 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
I have a dual boot system of vista and 7. For some reason 7 is screwed up. Can I just log on to vista and format the partition that windows 7 is on and reinstall win 7 again?

thx

I believe you can boot with the Windows 7 DVD and install it in the Win 7 partition. Wait on Mak for the final word.

MoM is right. You can just insert the Win7 DVD. If you start the process from within Vista there are 2 things that will happen. First, the format wont go through cause it will see that it contains Windows files and not allow you to format. And if you start the process from within Vista, it will try to upgrde if you dont do it properly.

Had to rebuild all 3 os's. Bad virus on all 3. Mak, i have only xp on computer now. What is the best way to add vista and 7. partition wise? Make 2 with with gparted live? if i do that, will both vista and 7 now how to go to that specific partition?

trhx

Well since you already have XP, might as well go in order of their release. Vista then Win7.

You will need at leas 50Gb if not more for both Vista and Win7. The partitions are up to you. I dont know your setup so i cant advise on what you should do. I dont know if you have separate partitions for pagefiles, data, downloads, documents, pictures and so on. You have to make the call.

Well since you already have XP, might as well go in order of their release. Vista then Win7.

You will need at leas 50Gb if not more for both Vista and Win7. The partitions are up to you. I dont know your setup so i cant advise on what you should do. I dont know if you have separate partitions for pagefiles, data, downloads, documents, pictures and so on. You have to make the call.

I just put everything on one partition so will vista know where to go if I install it after i do the partitions? and then 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom