Will The Witcher 2 Work on my Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobr0809

Beta member
Hello everyone!

First off, I want to say that Can You Run It has already told me that I can't play this because my processor and video card aren't good enough, but I was still skeptical!

I bought The Witcher 2 tonight, and before I unwrap it I want to make sure it'll work on my computer! The minimum specs are:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ - I have an Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00Ghz 2.00 Ghz (*I'll explain why I question this later)

Memory: 2GB Windows Vista - I have 4GB

HDD: Check

Disc Drive: DVD x8, compatible with DVD9 - Where do I check that?

Video Card: 512MB RAM, supporting Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD3850) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series; Total Available Graphics Memory: 2302MB; Dedicated Video Memory: 512MB - Not sure here since it's a mobility chip (My laptop)!

Sound:
Check

*From the back of the box
New, Cutting Edge Technology
CD Projekt RED in-house technology - the REDengine, which adjusts the quality of graphics to the computer's efficiency and allows you to enjoy the gameplay even when using the minimal configuration: Dual-Core 2Ghz CPU; 2GB RAM; Graphics card GeForce 8800 / 512MB or equivalent.

Gonna be a slideshow. Don't do it. Why didn't you ask before you bought it and save yourself a return trip?

Because I work at Wal-Mart anyways, and I was going back tomorrow, I just figured if it did work, then I could unwrap and play tonight some before I went back to work tomorrow.

Also, are there any recommendations you could make that may give me a better chance in the future that wouldn't require changing to a desktop? I really want to play this game!

Sorry for the triple post, but just a side question, would it work better if I was plugged into my HDTV? I'm guessing no, but thinking it's worth the ask, since that's how I planned on playing the game anyways.

Also, are there any recommendations you could make that may give me a better chance in the future that wouldn't require changing to a desktop? I really want to play this game!

What are you talking about? You want me to recommend you a new laptop or different games?

Sorry for the triple post, but just a side question, would it work better if I was plugged into my HDTV? I'm guessing no, but thinking it's worth the ask, since that's how I planned on playing the game anyways.

It wouldn't, and use the edit button.

Plugging it into an HDTV wont make a difference. The hardware inside that TV isn't doing anything to up your PC performance.

How a game works on a display is based on PC specs, not the display itself.

I wouldn't use a laptop for gaming unless you're absolutely intent on it. Get a netbook for your basics laptop needs (so cheap) then build a desktop to game on :)

TW2 has been a shocker in terms of performance issues. People with the brand new 485M and 6970M are having trouble getting more than 30 FPS. NVIDIA and their drivers have to catch up, the 275 beta drivers have helped some, but not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom