Why do I get "Web page unavailable while offline?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyual767

In Runtime
I've got a Netgear Super G wireless router that I'm wired into. I've noticed that if I walk away from my PC for 5 mins or more, I'll get this:

errormessage.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad: Then I have to click "connect" to get back online.

My daughter's PC has a D Link Wireless card and she never drops off line! Something has to be wrong with my PC's settings, right :confused: ? Can anyone help? Thanks!

Gonna need some more info please. OK what exactly happens at the 5 min mark. Is it just the connection that drops or does the monitor go black as well. Does the CPU shut out at all. Just try to explain exactly what happens. Also what you do to reconnect. Where you press the connect button at and what program it is in.

I dont know what OS you are running but if it is Window XP then try this. Goto the control panel>network connections (you might have to switch to classic view) click on the local are connection>click the configure button under the general tab. Click the power management tab. Remove the check from the "allow the computer to turn of this device" box and then hit the OK button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom