why do famous get special treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from polls I have seen 84% feel the cop used bad judgment and 16% feels the player in question should have pulled over immediately and got a ticket.

So that works out about right. Everyone so far except wafflehamer is in the 84%. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is nice to see statistics working. Based upon a 16% disapproval there must be some people on tech forums that feel that way.

Edit wow I just saw TF is at exactly 50,000 members. I was looking to do the math that 8,000 members agree with wafflehammer

So that works out about right. Everyone so far except wafflehamer is in the 84%. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it is nice to see statistics working. Based upon a 16% disapproval there must be some people on tech forums that feel that way.

Of course news is often misleading - they will focus on the wrong points or even the title of an article will be downright wrong and/or irrelevant to the issue at hand.

For instance, there was that tiger shark/spear fisher thing. The header of the article lead you to believe that the fishermen were defending themselves - and then it asks for your opinion. However upon further reading it turns out that the fishermen pestered the shark for 2 hours when if they were really in danger they could have just left any time.

So even though I voted that "the fisherman were in the right" - after reading it all the way through I had changed my stance.

Let me ask you, if he blew through this red let and didn't stop..and hit your car and killed your wife and children how would you feel? yes, i'm 100% "this is no big deal he is okay".

No..you'd be furious. Yes the pregnant thing is a good way to look at it. BUT I'm sure you'd stop and tel the officer, not run for over a minute.

I'm sorry to say it but the family deserved to be shot when they started to leave. And so did the NFL player when he didn't put his hands on the car. The world is starting to become overrun with ignorant people who think they are above the law.

Playing the 'what-if' game is irrelivant and pointless at this point. The police take PRECAUTIONS, and react to situations. Do you really think that someone with with family members in the car, hazzard lights flashing is going to run pedal to the metal through an intersection? I think not, especially given the way he carried himself through the ordeal.

As far as them DESERVING to get shot.... I really don't know how to respond to that statement... I mean, you are entitled to your opinion, but the way you stated that, that would be like someone justifying the shooting of school bullies 'because they deserved it'... Excatly WHAT reason did the officer have to unholster his weapon in the first place? Because they were black? I think not... and they certainly weren't being aggressive towards him. They were emotional due to the nature of the situation.

You'd be wrong. I read the full article. And I just read an article about how the officer quit his job over it. A good honest worker in this country is harassed to the point he quits just because he tried to do his job. This country is going down hill. Unless you're sitting on your *** and drawing a check, or famous...you're nothing in this country.

I have yet to read an article that has ever shown someone to be an "good honest worker"... Are you formulating this opinion on the basis of 'well, he WAS a Police officer, so he would have HAD to be good, honest and hard working...'.... I think not. Given the way the officer handled the situation, he wasn't very good at thinking on his feet, (someone mentioned it previously), and I can only imagine that an officer would need those kinds of skills.

I don't have gobs of money, and I am not famous, but I have been given special treatment. It's up to the discretion of the people interface with, the way you carry yourself, and the situation.... If I was in THIS situation, I would have been OUT OF MY MIND!! I would have had no other thoughts on my mind after getting to the hospital than getting to the room. If I would have been threatened with a tow, I would have tossed him the keys... Wouldn't have mattered, not a big deal.

This thread should PROBABLY be locked....

This thread should PROBABLY be locked....
Good idea, E_D.

I will leave a thought, though. The driver could have called the police on his cell phone and told them what was going on... even when the cop hit his blue lights. This is recommended for women to do if they are being pulled over at night... to call 911 and have them verify that it is a cop doing it and not someone else. In the same manner, the dude could have called and have them tell the cop.

Bottom line, both were in the wrong, both stepped over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom