Which IP Address to use for UltraVNC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardeez1

Baseband Member
Alright I'm able to connect to computers in my LAN from other computers in my LAN ... I just type in my local ip address (i.e. 192.168.1.104) but what if I want to access my computer from somewhere else? Because I have a router so I have the internet IP address my ISP assigns me.. & I have my local one. So how would I put that into the UltraVNC Connect input box thing? Thanks in advance for any advice.

you need to either setup a vpn server on your internal lan or forward ultravnc's ports to the server's ip.

setting up a vpn will allow you to connect to any pc running vnc but if you go the port forward route you will only have access to one pc.

you can host a vpn server on xp pro.

csamuels said:
you need to either setup a vpn server on your internal lan or forward ultravnc's ports to the server's ip.

setting up a vpn will allow you to connect to any pc running vnc but if you go the port forward route you will only have access to one pc.

ooohhh ok, gotcha. i'll probly just end up doing the port forwarding then, but i might also do some research on how to set up a vpn server just in case. thanks.

csamuels said:

No, you can use around 65000 PC's with VNC on it from the outside world. However each PC needs to be set to a different port.

For VNC to work with your single PC, you need to port foward 5900 TCP in your router. Their will be guides for your router most likely.

DJ-CHRIS said:
No, you can use around 65000 PC's with VNC on it from the outside world. However each PC needs to be set to a different port.

For VNC to work with your single PC, you need to port foward 5900 TCP in your router. Their will be guides for your router most likely.

okay i see. im gonna do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom