What can I run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
With the system I have now (in my sig) what new games can I run? I know Oblivion is quite a challenge on a system, can I run that? What about all the Call of Duty games? I guess CoD 4 would be a stretch.

Which version of Windows are you running? Fpr XP you can run an endless amount of games with 2gb of memory installed. Some games will refuse to install on Vista. But that is to be expected with the new OS.

you could run any game out right now. But how well is the difference, cod2 no problem. oblivion you would have to turn some stuff down on, company of heroes would look pretty good.

what about like FEAR and crysis? obviously not on the HIGHEST settings but relatively decent settings? im sticking with xp for a while yet.

yeah fear will definatly look good and should play pretty much everything on high....

Looks same as mine pretty much, and I can play nearly any game on high. Oblivion is one of the ones on highest. Rainbow Six: Vegas is a bit of a problem. :p

Fear, Prey, Steam games, and some others run on XP and Vista here at high settings on a budget card. The problem still to worked for Vista has more to do with sound drivers and Steam updates.

Not with an 8800 you are not. The card is overqualified for XP however for the current lineup of new games at this time. Most of the games are based on a system running 1gb of memory with an average card and still support lcd resolutions on high detail settings.

For stock and not ocing Oblivion and CoD4 shouldn't have any problems running there. EVGA also is a good brand for a card as noticed in your sig. The one thing improved in Vista over XP however is crash control when a game locks up on you for any reason. The ctrl-alt-del will immediately bring up the task manager while it may fail to show up in XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom