WG111 connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
hey, I'm having a bad connection problem with my new wireless wg111 USB adapter.

I just got this from the UPS guy yesterday. I take everything out of the box install the drivers and such and reboot my computer to make the settings validate and operate correctly. when I plugged in the wireless adapter xp found it and installed it and went on to setup the device from netgear.

My netgear router MR814 v2.5 with the latest firmware see's the adapter and gives the adapter permission to connect. My computer see's the router across the room and the signal strength is at around 75 - 82%.

The Main problem is I can"t connect to the internet even though both devices see each other but cannot establish a connection. Does somebody know why I am having this problem ? it will connect adhoc peer to peer computer networks but thats it really.......... also I got this as a early birthday present and the **** thing won't cooperate with me....

also it has connected to hot spots at work, church and sometimes by accident my neighbors house so I know the blasted thing works just not with my router.

Have you looked at the router's config page to see if the are enough IP addresses in the DHCP pool? Are you using router's stock config, or has it been edited to limit the number of addresses available?

Also, are you using a special client that came with the adaptor to connect, or the windows wireless manager?

Question #1 I have 50 ip addresses in the DHCP pool so far ranging from 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.51

Question number #2 I am using netgears software client.

Solution to the problem has finally been fixed after arguing on the phone with netgear for the past 7 F****** hours with no help...

I went back into my routers settings went LAN IP and added my MAC address for the device along with giving it my previous used IP address for the custom built gateway pc.

when you ask me those questions I found it odd my device wasn't picking any ip addresses to choose from.

I can finally enjoy my birthday present and won't have spend 9.00 shipping it back to netgear in india somewhere.

Thanks again for your help etheral and I hope somebody else finds this information useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom