Weekend Fun JRisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
When I was a child I played Risk many times with my friends. I could not get enough of this game. We even created our own house rules to make the game more exciting. I have been playing JRisk every now and then since it was released and think that it is a nice Risk clone with some great features.
What I really like about is that you have the choice to either download it or play it on the developers website. You do need Java to play the game but this should be installed on most computers anyway. The version that can be downloaded should be best suited for most users because it plays definitely faster and has an option to save and load games.
Before you start a game you select the players that you want to play against including other humans in hotseat mode. The standard Risk world map is selected but you can select a different one creating a new unique experience. Maps of the Roman Empire and the London Tube are available for instance.
game2.jpg

It is furthermore possible to download dozens of maps from the official website. I personally like Jrisk because it is not complicated to play. A game does not last more than maybe half an hour and is still great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom