war = violent (apparently not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by baronvongogo
the censors would be in uproar about it

yes that is a valid point, if SoF was a new game that came out in todays day and age it would be fighting an uphill battle. but i still say stuff the censors! heck GTA3 was banned over here due to the car shaking scenes and everyone just got it off amazon or from others that went overseas. if the censors spew about it, get it from overseas.

I believe SoF does support mods actually. Dont quote me on that, but I'm fairly sure it does.

They already made a "SUPER GORE" pack for soldier of fortune 2 even though it was already the bloodiest game out there. The gore pack made peoples heads just completely explode in multiplayer. There was so much spray and blood that if there was a dude behind the guy who just got his head blown off, you wouldn't even see him until the mist cleared.

that just sounds really silly tho. realistic gore as opposed to fountains of blood, like some anime movies have; id go realistic gore any day. so much more satisfying....

There's no such thing as 'realistic gore' in a video game. It's either clouds of blood like in CoD2 or bullet decals like in FarCry.

Realistic gore would be mighty freakin bloody man. An arm blown off should technically produce a lot of blood.

besides, have you watched the movie of JFK's assassination? There IS a cloud of blood dude, so that gore pack is actually pretty accurate in terms of a head getting split open from a bullet.

Publishers don't like devs including lots of gore because it creates a certain amount of negative press and and bring down game sales. That's why games like COD2 don't have a lot of blood, they needed that T rating to appeal to the biggest audience possible. Publishers are the problem as they are more than willing to sacrifice "realism" for more profits.

i have seen the JFK assasination. yes there IS a cloud of blood, but its not massive and doesnt linger for ages. sorry i thought u meant a cloud of blood similar to a smoke grenade going off or something (just for comparison purposes). i havent played the extra gore pack by the way so i dont know what it looks like.

as for comments regarding getting negative press, negative press is a godsend. its basically free advertising. the more u tell the kiddies that something is bad and should be banned, the more they are going to want to get it. yes true, technically it would harm sales because some age groups couldnt buy it. i dont know in america, but here in australia i have never seen/hear of a video game retailer EVER ask for id when i or any of my friends have bought a game. they did a segment on a current affairs show a few years back and out of the thirty odd stores, not one checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom