Wake-On-Lan ceases to function after short period of Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax38

Beta member
Trying to set up Wake-On-Lan with my desktop(GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P). It works fine both over LAN and Internet immediately after I sleep it, but after waiting a short period and then trying WOL, sending a magic packet does nothing. It's as if the network card has shut off, but the 10m light for the corresponding port on the switch is still on, showing that it does have a link to the pc's NIC. My only guess is that the router(wrt45g), which has a port forwarded for my PC's internal IP, is forgetting what MAC address to send it to after a short period of time. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Enabled In Bios? It probably already is if you got it to work but it's something you could double check...
Also updating bios may help...

Good Luck!

This is a good one...what operating system are you running? Just out of curiousity can you try disabling the "sleep" functions of the network card to see if this clears it up? I am curious does this issue occur when it is in a true powered off state and not in sleep/hybernation mode? I have seen some issues with magic packets and hybernation in my adventures as a network admin along the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom