VMWare with a Web Client

ph4nt0m117

Baseband Member
I have an HP EVO T20 (the version that cannot be flashed for another OS) that I want to put to use as like a client box for guests in the house just so nothing has to be put out of commission to be used.

What would I have to do to make it a VM box? I have a general idea of what to do but I am not COMPLETELY sure.

I have an HP Proliant ML370 that I can use as a host that will be used for various other things.

Thanks.

Why can't the OS be wiped now?

And are you wanting to throw a Linux OS on the VMware? Such as Ubuntu, OpenSuse, or Centos?

The way the stupid thing works it is burned into a nand card. It's old enough that the memory couldn't be helped. I have looked up all sorts of everything about the stupid client and found no way of gaining BIOS, there are no options aside from connection options that it demands (for a VM or for a host in general) and there isn't much I would be able to do with it past letting it sit because it runs windows CE 5.

I was looking to do maybe Bodhi OS for a VM because it is simple to figure out. Otherwise I would just throw in kioskpanels and leave it in the room.

Vmware is tricky, they are extremely particular about hardware compatibility and i'm not really sure if the EVO falls under the compatibility matrix. Check here: VMware Compatibility Guide: System Search

Vmware is a great option for you, but as stated earlier hardware compatibility is a very big thing in the vmware world. If your hardware isn't supported by vmware the product won't install (unlike microsoft which allows the installation but specific drivers may or may not work).

If you can get it to install great, that would be your best choice.

Back
Top Bottom