Visual Basic, a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewercake

Solid State Member
HI

I was looking into programming languages to start up with, and I came across Visual Basic, and it seems decent. But I have a few questions, the first is , is it good to learn with, or is there a better one, I have no specific goals or anything, I just want to start into programming.

My second question is, which one of the Vb packages should I get?

all help appreciated

-sewercake

VB is ok, but if you're going to use the .NET framework, learn C# instead. If you want an easier route, learn Python. You'll be more productive in that language in a shorter amount of time than most other languages.

i think that vb is where u start from, no matter what programming u want to do in the future (asp,php,java) or any other language, visual basic is the foundation, don't get too much into vb, but don't be too quick to start something harder.

Visual Basic is a GREAT language to start with! Do you have any plans for web development or anything of the like?

Regardless the syntax and programming styles in Basic are really easy, and a great transition into the programming world.

I allways liked the enterprise edition personally.

Personally I like Visual Basic a lot. It's the first language I ever learned (long before I entered the complex and difficult world of C/C++). I suggest Visual Basic if you want to develop your conceptual programming ability (ie: program flow, loops, functions.. all the basic things). In other words, Visual Basic is a good place to start because the syntax is clear and intuitive.

Also, Visual Basic .NET (or 2005) is simply an amazing developing tool, if you can get your hands on it. You'll be making windowed apps in no time. Oh, and you can use VB in Excel to do complex programming on the cells. I've been using Excel + VB for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom