Video Viewing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
ok, I just installed a video card, an MSI Nvidia GEForce4 mx 4000, and any file I view in Quicktime is so dark it is almost unviewable. Some vidoes I have I cannot even see them. Before I had the video card I know I had to tweak some settings under properties/settings/advanced/viewing video, but that was while I was using the integrated video on the motherboard. That option is now gone. All i have avaible to tweak/change any setting is on the nView Desktop Manager, and there is no setting for lighting up the picture while viewing a video in quicktime. has anyone ever ran into this issue before? if so, what did you do? Dont' just say "dont' use quicktime", cause I have tons of home videos of my son and they are in quicktime format, and my wife is not happy that we cannot see them now. Can anyone help?

Just change the brightness level from within quicktime, I can't tell you exactly how, as I don't know quicktime, since I don't use it.

use the lastest certified drivers from nvidia. they uncertified driver are notorious for doing this

ok, so I can get the latest drivers by going to devices, and clicking on the graphics card and going to update driver right? If so, then i've done that. If that's not right, well i did it anyways and if I would get their cert drivers, do i uninstall the old drivers before or after I install the new drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom