Unique fonts on other computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnstar21

Beta member
I have a unique font that I just downloaded to my computer, and I want to use it in a PowerPoint that I will eventually use to present to my class.

My question is, if I use the font on my personal computer, and open the PPT on the classroom computer which doesn't have the unique font installed, will the font not show?

If so, what font would it revert to?

Also, the MS Office version I have on my personal and in the classroom are both 2007.

Thanks for the help!

it should do fine since it saves it as a slide, also it would revert back to Times New Roman if it didn't have it

if the font isn't on the other computer, you'll see basic replacement like TNR or Arial. you have to have the font on every system you want to use it

Unless you embed the font (e.g as a image) it will most likley use the default.
That's Times New Roman on XP machines and Segoe UI on a Vista box.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

I know that if you're using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 you can embed fonts directly into your slideshow, so that it looks the same no matter if the other computers have them or not!

First, click the Office Button. Go to PowerPoint Options.
nfnnk5.png

In the Save section, choose to Embed fonts in the file. For best results, choose to Embed all characters.
kbwzcy.png

I only knew that PDF could embed font files so that text would still be editable, didn't know that about office 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom