troubleshooting my slow PC need help

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i keep my PC fairly up to date and upgrade few components every year or so.

in last 2 years i upgraded almost every component in my PC including switching to windows 7
i also try to keep up on all those damn software updates that are coming out faster than i can take a sht...

but it seems like no matter how much i upgrade my PC doesnt feel any faster. especially wen browsing the internet.

its just SLOW and unresponsive.

i always check for spyware and viruses and its clean.
i dont have antivirus realtime protection on i watch my RAM very closely and its abotu half way full most of the time

i just cant figure out what demons are causing this BS.

alot of pages with heavy scripts and flash slow down my PC alot and sometimes crash

photobucket crashes almost every time. unless i disable flash and all the BS that they think people need

photobucket used to fill up my ram in about 2 minutes of me browsing through the pictures...

Try getting CCleaner. It can help get unwanted data off your system. Can also help with speed.

Have you looked at the temperatures? Get HWMonitor and post up a screenshot.

What other software are you running? You may be running GPU or CPU inteensive programs, although you are watching your RAM.

If that is your system in your sig, you are way behind in times. This may be why Win 7 isn't working well.

You do realize that the PC has nothing at all to do with web browsing other than opening the browser itself right? Web browsing depends completely on your ISP. So if your finding it slow, go to speedtest.net and run a test. That will give you a more accurate reading as to why your net is slow than thinking it has something to do with your PC. You can have the best PC of all time, but if you run it on DSL or Dial Up it will be slow on the internet no matter what.

If that is your system in your sig, you are way behind in times. This may be why Win 7 isn't working well.

What? Your telling me that a Core 2 Quad with 6GB of RAM cant run Windows 7? The 6600GT I can say I agree with but you are so flat out wrong when it comes to the rest. I run AMD Phenom II X4 940 with 6GB of RAM with Windows 7 64 Bit just fine. Considering the minimal specs of Windows 7 is

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

He has more than enough to run Windows 7, even with the 6600GT Video card.

sorry i keep forgetting to update my sig. updated now to my current system..
for some reason it didnt post yesterday lol
i clean temporary files pretty often. i still remember the manual ways to clean up from back when i had windows 98. i could tell what files didnt belong in windows folder by scrolling through lol.( i had more time back then)

im getting older and lamer now i guess. work kids and sht cant keep up with all the new stuff thats beeing **** out on the market...
temps are fine i got enought cooling in the case

its not slow as in turtle slow like old 400mhz pc was.

its just i can see the delay loading stuff. like when IE opens it takes forever, some other programs also have a delay when either opening or performing tasks.

alot of webpages have that delay when loading scripts . just retarded and i cant find what the problem is.

Reset IE to defaults (in the advanced tab under tools).

Are other browsers acting this sluggish? If so do what mak said and check your ISP speed.

the internet speed is ok i did that. but i will try to reset the IE...

is there a monitoring program for resources that will show me what is loading at the moment and what ptocess is hogging my cpu or memory i use the task manager with performance window open but that doesnt really tell me much
i also have the windows resource monitor but im not that great at interpreting what it tells me :)
is there anything specific i should check in resource monitor?
man i feel stupid now asking this simple stuff

im also suspecting the SSD drive slowing down because its now just a little bit above half full...

This was before he updated his sig from a Pentium 4, Mak.

Read my post again MoM. Your still flat out wrong. I ran Win7 on a P4 with 4GB of RAM. It ran smooth as silk. So nice try covering yourself, but your still wrong. A P4 is still more than powerful enough to run Win7, I know this from personal experience.

@Raver-

Yes IE9 take forever to load. This is not an uncommon thing. A search about it will bring up almost 4 million hits about the subject. That is how common it is. So to complain about the load times on that is like complaining that it is hot outside when it is over 100 degrees. I see nothing to show that this is anything other than normal activity. Even with a SSD involved.

I'm not "covering myself" I'm just telling you what I based it off of. Not that it will work "smooth as silk" or not.

Back
Top Bottom