Trouble updating driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that still fails, then you need to re-download the package directly from nVidia. you need to make sure that the MD5 Sums match to know that the download is complete and accurate. You then need to go into Safe Mode and repeat the steps in the link. If it still fails, then you have a far more serious issue than a driver install.

Download DriverSweeper. Go to the Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program. Uninstall any Nvidia Graphics and/or PhysX driver you find. Uninstall the onboard grahics driver if it is present. Restart the computer in Safe Mode. Run DriverSweeper and select Nvidia Graphics & PhysX, select Clean. Close DriverSweeper but don't restart yet. Go to My Computer then go to your C: drive. Go to Program Files and you should have a Folder labeled Nvidia Corporation, delete this folder. Restart the computer normally, when Windows is fully loaded disable your Anti-Virus (re-enable after your done). Go to the Nvidia driver setup program you wish to install, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

Download DriverSweeper. Go to the Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program. Uninstall any Nvidia Graphics and/or PhysX driver you find. Uninstall the onboard grahics driver if it is present. Restart the computer in Safe Mode. Run DriverSweeper and select Nvidia Graphics & PhysX, select Clean.
Hey thanks for the detailed post, unfortunately it has not solved the problem. When I followed these steps though, there wasn't anything to uninstall in programs, and I could only clean PhysX on driversweeper (there was no graphics option.)
Will try the other post and then I'll probably take it to a professional. Thanks and Happy Christmas!

You then need to go into Safe Mode and repeat the steps in the link. If it still fails, then you have a far more serious issue than a driver install.
Yep tried this, guess it is something serious as the problem persists. Thanks for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom