TROJAN.Alwaysup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nettizen

Solid State Member
My Norton alerted me of a virus that it quickly deleted (MHTMLRedir.Exploit) but while on the same website, before I could leave, it alerted that I received a trojan called aun_0011[1].exe "Trojan.Alwaysup". Located in a temporary internet file. It said it tried to repair it but failed. Then it said it said that access to the file was denied. I tried to do what symantec recommended by turning off system restore, downloading the latest virus definitions and scanning the computer. I scanned twice but both times it did not find the target. When I clicked more info on the trojan it said that it could re-name itself or move to another location but again the virus scan did not detect this. Can someone help me please.

I am on windows xp home. Sp2. Let me know if a HJT log is required and I will provide it. Just tell me where to post it please.

You have experienced a drive by download infection!!!!!!
I would go ahead an, update norton, and go into safe mode, run a scan. Hopefully norton will pick it up. if not download trojanhunter trial and update it and run a scan in safe mode
here is the link

http://www.trojanhunter.com

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom