transfering files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rneTightEnd

Solid State Member
i have a problem. My brother and i have both a laptop. His has photoshop (also the computer is very old, it still has windows 98) on it and i want to transfer it over to my cmputer. What will be the best way to transfer it over?
Thx for any suggestions

Do you both have NIC interfaces? If not, then a USB External drive could work.

Another idea is if you both have infared, then you could use that. The 98 side works the best for that.

Are you trying to transfer the Photoshop folder under Program Files so you can use Photoshop on your computer? If that is what you're trying to do, I do not think it will work. You can transfer the folder, but when you click on the executable, you will probably get an error message. With software such as Photoshop, you will need the original copy and install it from the CD because it has to write information to the registry.

Maybe someone else knows of a way, but as far as I know, transfering the folder from one PC to another will not let you use Photoshop.

godai73,

What you are trying to won't work. There are too many files besides the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop folder that are used by the program.

If you can get your hands on the original Photoshop disk, that would be better.

Also, this topic might be better suited in the OS/Software forum. :)

Yeah, I was pretty sure it would not work, but not 100% sure. Glad HoLoCroN clarified it. Thanks.

That is correct it will not work due to the many places windows hides files. That is about the ONE thing I do like about Macs. When you move that entire software folder from one mac to another it will work with NO issues. This is true for OS9, but not sure about OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom