Trace Photos dl from Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooba980

Beta member
Is it possible to glean any information from the file name in a photo downloaded from facebook? I recently received an anonymous email with several photos that were disturbing, to say the least. Each photo is entitled with a long list of numbers like 34794_1523210492635_1605780034_31423337_2971619_n.jpg

I was wondering if any of these numbers might give me a clue as to who sent it. I have a pretty elementary knowledge of computers so I am not even sure if this is the right forum to be asking, but I would greatly appreciate any advice or even a recommendation for a different forum/website to ask for help.

You probably should talk to FaceBook support. Although it is possible to receive an email that does not have a from: address in it there are some things in the email message header which helps to determine who sent it. Of course, it could have been sent from someone's hacked email account but regardless FaceBook support may ask you to forward the email to them.

There isnt any program out there that can trace those images. At most you might be lucky to input those names into a Google Image search to find some results. But that will be the only option aside from contacting Facebook directly.

The third set of numbers, in this case "1605780034" is the profile id number for facebook, add it to the end of this url "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= " and it will lead back to the facebook page where the images are hosted. Do you know anyone named Anna Dickens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom