This Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, didn't mean to come off too critical in case that's what happened.. design is just a field of "nothings ever perfect"so there's always ways to improve. you're doing great though, especially for 14!

your foreground is what's in front... what stands out from the rest. so in your site, the foreground is all the brown links/frames, headers, banners... typically anything you'd interact with, as far as websites are concerned. it's also commonly known as positive [foreground] and negative [background] space. let me know if all that makes sense.

Yea, just where you can see the BG inbetween the main sites frames... I mean, it's not that bad, it just one thing that could improve. Also, the top banner "WeltKrieg II Central" tends to fade off into the background around it's edges.. it's value is close to the background so it starts to fade into it, but only around the edges. This could also be what you want, just make sure you're aware of it. I won't go into a bunch of proposed resolutions yet, because web design is different, I know... I don't want to suggest a solution that would take 2 mins on Photoshop or Illustrator and take 4 hours for a website.

I think I might take a flat image of your site [like a screenshot] and do the adjustments on my programs so you know what I mean.. what do ya think?

thats pretty cool. I've been trying to learn CSS stylesheet. I know how they work, and how to read them, never took the time and effort to write my own so I just get pre made style sheets and edit them.

Really nice site. Are you going to add a RSS feed to your content section?

faek said:
Yea, just where you can see the BG inbetween the main sites frames... I mean, it's not that bad, it just one thing that could improve. Also, the top banner "WeltKrieg II Central" tends to fade off into the background around it's edges.. it's value is close to the background so it starts to fade into it, but only around the edges. This could also be what you want, just make sure you're aware of it. I won't go into a bunch of proposed resolutions yet, because web design is different, I know... I don't want to suggest a solution that would take 2 mins on Photoshop or Illustrator and take 4 hours for a website.

I think I might take a flat image of your site [like a screenshot] and do the adjustments on my programs so you know what I mean.. what do ya think?

that would be cool

I like it, it has an effective color scheme that doesn't make my eyeballs want to jump out of my head. I have a couple of suggestions:

1: The text on the top of the page, "A World War Two Community", is a bit small and the light effect is a bit too big. But if you were to make the text bigger it would balance itself out. Kudos on not making the effect animation constant too.

2: I really like the background, but if possible, I would lose the tanks. I really like the look of old maps for backgrounds and accents on sites and it fits with the overall theme of your page too. It reminds me of a menu for a WWII shooter ala' MOH.

3: The image you use behind the menu titles makes the text a little hard to read, but not so much that you have to really strain your eyes.

4: I'd use a serif font to help the WWII feel your page has to really give it that nice aged feel to it. Maybe courier...?

P.S. 14 years old huh? I'd almost lost hope in the future of web design from looking at kids' MySpace pages. You've got a great nose for design, keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom