Thinking about picking up a HP Pavilion dv7-4113tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Currently I am waiting for the post christmas sales to start.
Harvey Norman got the following laptop going for AU$1486
HP Pavilion dv7-4113tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Online Store

In a nut shell, the specs are ....
Intel Core i7-720QM Processor 1.6 GHz
8 GB DDR3 (2 x 4096 MB)
1 TB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5200 rpm
DVD-RW
17.3" HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Infinity Display
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650 Graphics with 1 GB dedicated
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth
6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
Windows 7 Home Premium

Few questions... I know that they sound a bit noobish, but I am not longer doing computer hardware sales, so my hardware knowledge is rust.
1. Performance-wise, it this going to be an how much of an improvement from my current rig (AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz, 4x 2Gb DDRII, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P, ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB)
2. What are people's thought and opinions on the current dv7 series? I do remember that the high end Pavilion's where pretty reliable. However at the end of the day, I am most likely onto be keeping this for 12 months before upgrading again.

Currently I am waiting for the post christmas sales to start.
Harvey Norman got the following laptop going for AU$1486
HP Pavilion dv7-4113tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Online Store

In a nut shell, the specs are ....
Intel Core i7-720QM Processor 1.6 GHz
8 GB DDR3 (2 x 4096 MB)
1 TB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5200 rpm
DVD-RW
17.3" HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Infinity Display
ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650 Graphics with 1 GB dedicated
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth
6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery
Windows 7 Home Premium

Few questions... I know that they sound a bit noobish, but I am not longer doing computer hardware sales, so my hardware knowledge is rust.
1. Performance-wise, it this going to be an how much of an improvement from my current rig (AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz, 4x 2Gb DDRII, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P, ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB)
2. What are people's thought and opinions on the current dv7 series? I do remember that the high end Pavilion's where pretty reliable. However at the end of the day, I am most likely onto be keeping this for 12 months before upgrading again.

1. The cpu will be a small downgrade while the gpu will likely be much slower than a 4890

2. I'm not a fan of the Pavilion line and according to the last survey I read HP was among the least reliable laptop manufactures. I'd be tempted to take a chance on their high end Envy series but I would pass on any of their other consumer models.

Thx. Sounds like this purchase will be a step back and I think I might still hold of for another 12 months before I consider a laptop.
+1 Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom