the HARD part...

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
ok, so i think that i may have a hardware issue. my laptop will be streaming along quite nicely, then out of the blue, it just stops. my computer shows that i have lost internet connection (which i have), then when i manually reconnect (which i should not have to do because it is supposed to reconnect automatically) i can pull up websites, but the streaming video remains frozen. this has been going on for about a month now. and its to the point where i am ready to order an ethernet cable to just be done with it. the problem with that, is when i am traveling, i will still have an issue that is unresolved. i was thinking that the problem would be in the wifi card inside the computer. but then realized it may not be, since the video remains frozen while i can pull up non streaming web sites. my wifi signal strength app shows all 5 bars for signal strength, which is not surprising since i am only 20 feet away from the router. i am not sure what controls the streaming video end of this as far as hardware goes. its an inexpensive laptop, so there will be no separate graphics card. which leaves the "awesome" Intel Celeron N2850 bay trail dual core processor i guess. about 8 months ago, i upgraded the DDR3 memory from 2gb to 4gb (there is only one memory slot), which really has done nothing as far as i can see. but at least i know that isn't the issue. one thing i have monitored was the internal temperature. nothing out of the ordinary there. the max temp of the cpu shows 89 degrees. so if it is the wifi card, is there a way of testing it? or is replacing it THE test? if replacement is the test, can i use a usb wifi adapter?

What streaming sites? Are the videos Flash or HTML5 videos?

Have you tried updating your wifi drivers at all?

well, it now looks like it may be a software issue. i did not know it at the time. but the computer is now acting really weird. it takes over 4 full minutes for it to boot from shut off. something that i seldom do.

chkdsk found nothing. that would be to easy. i HAVE to get an external hard drive to back these computers up on.

Back
Top Bottom