The Future Of Parking Infringement - P.O.D (Parking Overtake Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8143393

Looks like there are 2 cities in my area that started these. Just be on the look out in case you see a small disc in the middle your parking spot at the shop.

These things will know exactly when (down to the second) when you have parked in that spot. And as soon as you over stay your parking, it will electronically alert the local parking inspect that you have overstayed your time.

The question I have is this... what if Driver A overstays is time just by a little bit. The ranger gets alerted that some one has overstayed in this spot. Then during the time for the ranger to walk down to this parking spot, Driver A pulls out of the spot and Driver B drives in to that same spot. I do hope that there is some real time alerting let the ranger know that the person Driver A is no longer there.
And I do see this being used at a monitoring device for the parking rangers too to make sure that they are still doing their jobs.

I guess it just means that is going to be time for me to head to the hardware store to pick up a sledgehammer.

id love to just drive around the city and drop some metal bowls upside down to cover them and make it think there is something there. buy like 10 of them, drive around the city and plop them away. youl have parking rangers running all over thinking oh some ones getting a ticket. but really some one just covered it up XD.

i just had another idea. go buy a bag of mortar from a hardware. mix it up i na bucket, and drive around the city dumping it on them. that or you could take a dump on one, that would really make a statement lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom