terminal services question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianeaglesfan

Beta member
I was wondering if any of the fine minds here at TF would be willing to give a noob SA a hand at a terminal services problem I'm currently facing. We're running a test environment made up of all 2K3 servers (license, terminal, application), with a couple of TSCALs (per device) showing as available. A user (running XP pro) is getting a message stating:

Your terminal services temporary client license will expire in 14 days. Please contact your system admin for a permanent license.

My questions are:

1) I understand the concept of picking up a temp license on the first sign-on and a permanent on the second, but is the second sign-on the only time the TS attempts to provide a permanent license to the client? Or does it try on every subsequent sign-on until one is available?

2) How could I force the client to try again at getting a permanent license? I've read of deleting certain values within the registry to remove the old license and restart the process in a 2K environment but are these instructions / values the same for a 2K3 environment?

Thanks a bundle for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom