Telling if it's HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to tell if a Xbox is HDMI by Mfg Item Number ?

A ebay seller has all of them listed by Mfg Item Number, but I can't find anything telling me which ones are HDMI and not...

also... .is buying a "Microsoft Xbox 360 Platinum" alright? I can't seem to find much info on these... why does everything have to be so complicated ><

I'm not sure about the first queestion.

I think when he says Platinum, he means the Elite. I'm not sure though, so be sure to ask him.

Platinum probably either means elite model or pro - either way, I don't know if I would buy from a seller who doesn't even know what he actually has, considering that there is no such thing as a "Platinum" model. HDMI models are the standard now, I think, but I don't think the MFG item number will give you the info that you need. I would simply contact him and ask him directly. If he wants to sell them, he'll get back to you.

I am wondering if "Platinum" was the holiday bundle pack code name or something, with a Pro system inside? Lots of sellers are describing it as Plat...

and no.. its ebay.. I asked... they said they gave all the info they could... to buy at your own risk. (basically they are resellers- they don't even open the package they got for cheap, reselling to people like me for profit.)

Bleh I'll bid on some cheap elites see if i win, if not.. I'll try to get a "Platinum" for like $50 and see what it is in reality.

Yea, so? why not get 5 and fix em all and resell as ReFurbished for some money on this horrible economy? People get working 360's for cheaper then retail and I get a little cash to live on.

Work has me down to 1 day a week, that's not paying even my small bills I have (internet, car, food, gas) and since there are Thousands of RROD systems on Ebay.... ... ..

Plus Vintage Stock allows trade-ins and sales (with some severe rules to follow) of about $80 bucks, or $120 store credit so assuming I get the required system for $70 bucks, fix it, and turn it in for store credit I can get a few Games for my 360 for cheap. (70 bucks, turning into 120, which is about 3 games.)

GameStop is less strict but only offers some $65 for a 360/controller/av cable/powerbrick

If I could get my stupid paypal to verify my bank account I could just re-sell on Ebay for much higher, who wouldn't want a Working Elite system, refurbished, for $250, including all the parts?

Hope discussing this doesn't violate any rules, if so I am sorry, I am not in this to get rich or anything, just get a living, I don't think any of you can live on what I am right now, about $65 a week, and I really don't want to slum it to live again. Around here jobs are tight, even having "1 low paying" is good. Or in my case, 1 job, low pay, low hours.

Ok I got ya. I figured since you hadn't even tried this yet you were just going to test it out first on one console. Be very cautious though. Most refurbs include 90 day warranties, and if you try to follow suit with your own warranty, and your repairs for RRoD don't hold out long enough, you could be in a much worse position. To this day, I don't think I've ever heard of a mod that permanently fixes RRoD, but I could be wrong since I don't tinker with that stuff and haven't been looking around for solutions (mine was under warranty so I had it fixed by MS for free).

the fix I plan to do is the "ultimate hybrid" where it uses washers to space below, above, and credit card pieces to space the chip and heatsink off properly for even pressure throughout the whole system, and it turns the metal parts into a mild heatsink as well, just with case parts, and uses washers to get the 2 RAM under the gpu heatsink to connect it and use the heatsink to keep it cooled, and replaces the thermal grease all together, plus a full cleaning with air can and brush, and sands down the 2 stand offs so they don't cause uneven pressure on the board warping it.

Sounds like a lot, but it's not.
http://xbox-experts.com/e/pics/schematics/schematics_complete.jpg

Good luck Gothchick. The economy is bad, and I think it's cool that you're coming up with creative solutions in such hard times. I hope the best for your ventures, and that you make as much money as possible from this. I also hope your work situation turns around for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom