sysfader.exe possible route of my problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wargence

Beta member
so as soon as i click start|shutdown my computer will lock. I ctrl alt del and find that sysfader is no longer responding. only way for my computer to shut down is a hard restart (not good)

Here is what i have done:

i have completely resinstalled windows xp using 2 different versions (media center and pro) thinking that possibly it was a corrupt installation (repair would not work). None of this returns any good results. My instructor in class told me that it sounded like a driver problem, so i continued to safe mode and it will shutdown/restart with no problem

so i go back into normal mode and disable every single driver. I right click on every option going down the device manager and if it has the option to disable it, then i do. I try to restart and low and behold it restarts no problem at all. So that tells me its either a hardware conflict or a driver conflict. so now to narrow it down as to which driver it is. I one by one start enabling the drivers and trying a restart, each time being successful. It never once locked up while i was enabling drivers. Now with all drivers enabled completely down the list, i restart the computer 3 times and it works like a dream. Problem assumed fixed

i leave the computer alone for approx 2 hours and it starts its problems with the shut down hang ups/sysfader not responding. and now i do not know what the next step should be.

I am an a+ certified tech and this is honestly the first time in my career that i have been absolutly stumped. Any advice?

here is some advice i have yet to try:
swap RAM
change video card (quite difficult seeing how its a laptop and i dont have any spares laying around)
throw the computer in the trash (we wont be doing this one....computer gets thrown in the trash...i do not get paid....hahahaha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom