Sync computers with Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifreak3

In Runtime
I got a new laptop and desktop that both have internal bluetooth (and Vista Home Premium). I want the laptop to sync files with the desktop whenever they are both on/in range of each other or whenever I tell them to. What is the best possible way to go about setting this up?

Hello,

From what i know PC's are only BlueTooth Recievers. Not Senders. So you cant send out a singal or data from one PC to the other. From what i know this can only be done with a Phone or other BlueTooth enabled device and a PC. Not among PC's.

Cheers,
Mak

Oh well...is there a good way to somehow (preferably wirelessly) sync files on two computers?

You can send and receive data over Bluetooth. It's not a one-way method of communicating. With that said, Bluetooth can be a tricky animal. You should be able to set up a simple ad-hoc connection between two computers with Bluetooth, but it sounds like you're looking for some type of automatic connection and synchronization utility. I don't know of any such program.

Well maybe a certain set of folders on the desktop would automatically be updated on the laptop whenever I manually synced them? That would be awesome.

Regarding WiFi, only the laptop has a wireless card...But the desktop is plugged into the wireless router via an ethernet cable, so maybe some sort of network sharing would work...But is there a way to essentially update (or backup) the files on the laptop?

I think this is what you are looking for. Not sure though, just googled it. Its up to you to look into it. : )
Download details: Data Sync

Edit: Says its for powerpoint files? I don't know if it works for other files.
Edit (again. I probably should have waited to post...): The program I was thinking of before was windows active sync. Its for computers and windows mobile devices. It can use bluetooth and syncs your pc to mobile device automatically. The thing is, does it mean mobile by laptop... or pocket pc?

Heres some more links to research:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/456f4508-b26c-4d06-b424-7da6fd8d5b4f1033.mspx
Download details: ActiveSync 4.5

ActiveSync is for mobile devices. It's not going to work with two computers. Yes, you can setup a network between two computers connected to the same router (wired or wireless). There are hundreds of tutorials that will walk you through all the steps for both operating systems.

SyncToy might work for you.
Download details: SyncToy v1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom