Surround Sound Problems...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
So... how do I get surround sound to actually work well?

I've been testing my X-530's with BF2 on Ultra High audio settings... and although everything sounds great frmo the front speakers, I can barely hear anything from the back speakers and thats when I'm standing next to it with my ears by it... they are actually almost 4 times further away from me then the front speakers are...

Is there anyway to adjust the differential? I was also toying with the X-Fi settings... and learned that CMSS is terrible... I had it on, and when I raised the volume to be just above audible, the quality of the sound died... thus its off now, and all my stuff is merely stereo except for games and movies.

What do I do to setup surround sound in games?!

Well you have to remember the sound out of the back speaker would ahve to be real surround sound. So trying to listen to a MP3 while testing will not help as MP3's are not in surround sound. Unless you simulated surround sound.

So you would have to use a movie. Games are the same thing. Unless there is major action going on behind you there wont be much coming out from them. That is the purpsoe of surround sound.

But out of curosity check your sound settings in Windows. Control Panel>Sound. Make sure you ahve 5.1 setup there.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom