Suggestions for a replacement TV tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

timboW

Solid State Member
I recently purchased a used system from Craigslist to use as my computer. Only problem with it is that I can't use my old MSI TV tuner card on it because it won't function with Windows 7 64bit, so I have to get a replacement. Can anyone suggest a decent replacement (for $100 or less) that will do the job for me? I'm a few years out of touch with all the latest technology so I don't even know if an on board TV card or a USB device is the way to go. My main use isn't so much for the sake of watching TV on my computer as against recording favorite movies as or when they come up, editing them for ads, then burning them to disk. In the past I've either hooked up the computer directly to the cable box, or recorded movies via my VCR in the bedroom and then transferred them on board via another VCR hooked up to the card in place of the cable. The system worked well for me for 4 – 5 years, with pretty decent quality, and I'd like to get a similar deal going again.

I see in Newegg that cards like the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner get decent reviews, though I also see that a number of people claim that they can be a technical headache to set up, with zero support from the company's technical services. What do you think?

If anyone has a similar setup to mine, with a TV tuner card on board, I'd be particularly interested as it would give me a clearer indication that a certain card might not give issues.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom