Sudden Internet Problem. Can't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlain

Solid State Member
I turned on my computer this morning and I was unable to connect to the internet. My computer and laptop are both hooked up to a router (which is fine btw) and last night both worked. This morning neither worked and I went through the various unplugging techniques ect...

I then went to "Network Connections" under my computer and checked my local area connection. I noticed that my IP address which usually changed between a 0 and a .01 at the end was now completely different and that for some reason it now says that DHCP is enabled... I have no idea what is going on, but my IP address was never like this before and the DHCP showed up for the first time as well.

I'd appreciate any help

I used to get the 169..... one before all the problems started

turn off dhcp and see if that fixes the problems. under tcpip properties take off obtain a ip adress automatically.

Woot! I got it... I noticed in an old post that a router needed a factory reset with that tiny little paper clip button and then after that I unplugged router/modem and turned back on comps and they worked after checking the IP returned to the normal 168...... Thnx for your help, computers are too stressfull :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom