Sub-woofer quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I had my tower on top of a wooden speaker cabinet, lined with that acoustic foam. It had two little speakers. Tweezer is what you call them? And a 12" woofer. I think it was something like 80W-100W. Was that OK? I don't have the tower there anymore, but I had it on top of that cabinet for months. I also had a monitor on top of the other cabinet.

Here was a picture, from before:
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa71/b1gapl/DSC00400.jpg?t=1187407969

metal don't block the magnetic field. it absorbs it and make thing worse. lead does block it.

I would say under 100 watts you are all right, now if you have big cab speakers like quad 20 inchers for examples, I wouldnt do that.

b1gapl, they are tweeters, not tweezers. LoL

I wouldnt set any media (cd/dvd's ) on that subwoofer though, magnets that size will wipe the disc if the sub is un shielded.

I would say under 100 watts you are all right, now if you have big cab speakers like quad 20 inchers for examples, I wouldnt do that.

b1gapl, they are tweeters, not tweezers. LoL

I wouldnt set any media (cd/dvd's ) on that subwoofer though, magnets that size will wipe the disc if the sub is un shielded.

lol....OK...thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I'll put them back on top of those cabinets, because it looked good that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom