Stuttering / Freezing when opening web pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellasweet

Baseband Member
I just moved into a new place and hooked up my cable modem and now web pages kinda of freeze when I load them. When you first go to a web page the banner image and a couple things will load and then it wont load anything else for a couple seconds. Also, it does this when you are just clicking around and checking your emails. Its really annoying.

So I checked everything and everything seems to be working properly. I did however, run my ATI graphics card 'multimedia center' program and it checked my computer out and said that directX was not installed. I find this strange since every game I own installs directX automatically and I would never uninstall those drivers. I went to the ATI site and downloaded the latest driver and it still does the same thing. I'm stuck and its really annoying! Please help!

So I installed spybot search and destroy and now I get a new weird window on startup. When the desktop is loading ( windows XP) I get a "Windows insaller is initializing" window and then another window pops up and says "Norton Antivirus cannot load the program, please uninstall and reinstall" I got this once before and it just went away. What the **** is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom