Sound recording problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammyham

Baseband Member
I have onboard Realtek AC97 audio... I have a problem with recording some music.
Im trying to overdub 2 pieces of music together,.. Where one song already recorded, plays as you record the second piece onto a seperate track and then later add them together. My problem is that it records the sound that's playing, along with the sound Im trying to record. So basically the sound that's coming out of my speakers is recorded onto the new track. I can't have that because i need one track with rhythm, one track with lead etc...I'm not using a mic, so it's not a mic picking up any sound. Any ways of solving this?

double-click on the speaker by the system tray, click on Options->Properties and choose Recording and in the little window below, select all of them. OK yourself out of that window and select the line you're recording from, most liely it'll be called Line In. that should do it.! :)

what are u using to record w/? what multitracker are you using?
cuz usually they just have loads of features whereby all you do is select one track to record and another to play back but not record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom