Sound Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRichard

Beta member
Hopefully i'm posting in the right forum section.

I've recently start trying to play Call of Duty World at War on the PC, unfortunetly when i first loaded up the game i got no sound. As i came out of the game i found that the sound still wasn't working so had a look in the sound card panel only to discover that the sound had been muted. Anyway i started the game up again and ALT-TAB to come back to desktop without closing the game down and unmuted the sound. The sound worked fine during game play and everything seemed sorted. Interestingly as i exited the game it again muted the sound card. I came back into the game later, again using ALT-TAB to unmute the sound only for the game to crash to desktop when i tried to load up my save point. I've tried several times to load up a save game and each time it's crashed to desk top, also during the intro the sound has been choppy and difficult in coming.

I've tried reducing the acceleration to basic without any difference. I've also tried updating the sound card driver, HOWEVER, when i've tried to uninstall the current driver using add/remove it won't go, it seems to be stuck there despite several attempts. Also the updated driver i've tried to download comes in a RAD file that i don't know what to do with.

My sound card is fairly old, a C-Media Wave Device. My operating system is XP.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom