Sound Card Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkY

Beta member
hi,
Can any1 please tell me where i can download a sound driver from because my sound driver doesnt seem to work
thx

if its onboard then download everest
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
goto motherboard-->motherboard and take a screenshot , if its not onboard then provide its name

molsen said:
what's the name of your soundcard device? you'll find that under control panel > system > hardware > device manager
actually if its onboard he wont (he'll see something general like realtek ac97) , also you might have misunderstood what he meant by driver not working its possible he couldnt install it from some reason

'realtek ac97' is all you need to get the proper drivers. there's no need to d/l everest IMO, unless like you said, he has yet to install any drivers.

just google the sound card name + drivers, e.g. "realtek ac97 drivers" and look for the latest version.

i dont think thats true , just cuz X provided the sound chip for the mobo manufacturer it doesnt have to mean that their drivers will be compatible with it and some sound chip manufactureres dont even offer drivers at their site they just have a page sayin that you should get em from the mobo manufacturer site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom