Sonicwall GVC not wokring behind WRT120n NAT-router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jvancan

Beta member
Hello All,

I am trying to establish a VPN session with a Sonicwall SOHO3 Firewall at our main office.
The laptop I am trying to connect has the sonicwall Global VPN client for connecting and is located behind a Linksys WRT120n NAT-router.

I get to the fase that VPN session is trying to get an IP-address from the remote DHCP server. This fase never ends and I suspect it's a NAT problem. Also already found some info on that regarding Sonicwalls.

When I connect the laptop directly tot the Cable modem the VPN connection works. So i know it goes wrong in the Linksys.

I also tried to disable the SPI Firewall and all the VPN Pass-trough protocols are on enable.

What I was thinking to try next is putting the Laptop in dmz mode. Will this probably fix the problem? I can not test this a the moment because the laptop is at another location and I would like to know on forehand how much the chance for succes is.

Does DMZ also work when the laptop would be wirelessly connected to the Linksys?

I know the security implications of using DMZ, but all that matters is getting the VPN connection up an running.

What class network is your laptop on and what is the remote site on? A/B/C?
Make sure they are not on the same class.
Ex. 192.168.0.0 should not try to VPN to a 192.168.0.0 network.

Is there a way you can assign a "static" IP for the VPN connection in your software?
For my ShrewSoft VPN I "use a virtual adapter and assigned address"

My work is on a 172.16.0.0 network, so I've assigned a bank of 192.168.0.0 in my access control list on the router to allow access to the network 172.16.0.0. When the VPN software connects, it connects with the 192.168.0.0 adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom