Software Updates Week 9 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
What a busy week the last one has been. I was a little bit disappointed with the performance last week and had no good feeling about this one but the developers really surprised me with many updates to fantastic programs.
Several applications that I use on a daily basis have been updated, including such wonderful apps like Notepad++, Orbit Downloader and Locate.
This weeks application of the week is Notepad++, an extremely fast and useful replacement for Windows Notepad. It adds so many features like syntax highlighting, tabs and regular expressions.
If you know of an application that has been updated in the last seven days and is not in the list let me know.
µTorrent 1.8 Build 8682 Alpha - another alpha of this lightweight Bittorrent client.
7-Zip 4.58 Alpha 4 - a new alpha version of this popular packer.
CCleaner 2.05.555 - remove all those temporary files in one go.
Cobian Backup 9.0.0.116 Beta - highly configurable backup software that supports the transfer of backups to ftp among other things.
Defraggler 1.01.058 Beta - a defragmentation software.
Floola 2.7 - manage your iPod and iPhone without iTunes.
foobar2000 0.9.5.1 - advanced audio player.
Free Download Manager 2.5.755 - a download manager.
Fresh Diagnose 7.76 - analyze and benchmark your hardware.
IE7pro 2.1 RC1 - if you had to choose one plugin for Internet Explorer 7 this would be it. It adds so many features that are already standard in Firefox and Opera.
iTunes 7.6.1.9 - it's iTunes, enough said.
Locate 3.1.8.2240 Beta - blazing fast search for files and content in files.
MediaCoder 0.6.1.460 - universal batch transcoder.
Mp3tag 2.40 - a tagger for your music collection.
Notepad++ 4.8 RC - fantastic Notepad replacement.
ooVoo 1.5.1.93 Beta - multi user video chat.
Opera 9.50 Build 9807 Beta - new version of this fantastic browser.
Orbit Downloader 2.6.3 - Orbit Downloader is my favorite download manager. It comes with many extras like Grab++ which scans the network connection automatically for certain file types.
PC Wizard 2008.1.84 - analyze and display hardware information.
Recuva 1.11.257 - is able to recover files that have been deleted on your system but not yet overwritten.
RogueRemover FREE 1.24 - remove rogue programs.
SUMo 1.6.2.40 Beta - scans your computer for installed applications and checks if new versions are available.
TestDisk 6.10 Beta - recovery Disk.
UltraVNC 1.0.4 RC14 - display another computer monitor on yours.
VirtualDub 1.8.0.29393 Experimental - a highly recommended free video capture and processing utility.
Vista Codec Package 4.5.9 - add the most popular and used codecs to Windows Vista in order to play media of that type.
VLC 0.8.6e - a lightweight media player.
VSO Image Resizer 2.0.0.15 - batch resize your images.
WildBit Viewer 5.2 Alpha 2.0 - an image viewer.
WinMerge 2.7.7.5 Experimental - compare and merge text documents.
XdN Tweaker 0.8.8.9 - another Windows tweaker.

Software Updates Week 9 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom