Software Cloaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacGuy

Beta member
Hey guys, I'm new but i joined to ask this question:
Is there any way to hide a program from detection from other programs.

i.e. If there was program1 that was meant to manipulate the variables of program2 in a way the creators of program2 did not intend, therefore program2 was patched, modded or rewritten recently to discourage the use of program1 with program2 is there a way of avoiding the detection of program1 by program2.

hypothetically, of corse

thanx for the help

This sounds like running hacks for games/software, which is really the only time this occurs, such talks are in violation of rules here, be warned.

Now, there are legit programs like some of Faronics software that influence other software behaviors, and so do A/V programs.

But, AV programs DO detect program2 when it attempts .dll injections which allows it to modify how program1 operates.

And yes, most games also check for such injections now in days.

Working within the intrusion detection field, i see this alot :p

most software packages tend leave a fingerprint for auditing purposes and many IDS systems are designed to detect that.

However most smarter/higher risk programs require the software to supply a user agent string for content negotiation.
even some simple software programs now also require this, with built in detection for certain versions compatible with those software programs so that it can alter the streams effectivly.

case in point, most webservers can detect what browser you're using and alter the content it sends, for example a flash free page for users with really old browser types or typically these days, denying content alltogether until you upgrade.

Spoofing these days is alot harder than it used to be as companies are always thinking about security. And then hiring 'tards like me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom