slow internet explorer when shockwave flash object enabled

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
or about a week now I have very slow internet explorer and firefox is not very fast either.

windows 7 fresh install about 2 months ago.
all the updates all drivers updated.
suddenly the internet got very slow.
pages take forever to load in IE. theres a delay when I click any links

firefox also slowed down a lot.

I have brand new netgear modem/router and 50mbps Comcast connection. it is testing at 41mbps currently with 12ms ping which is normal.

I ran hijackthis
cc cleaner
windows defender and the MSE scanners
also malwarebytes
and finally advanced system care 8

deleted the temp files etc
uninstalled the flash and macromedia player and reinstalled again. updated IE. installed flash again and its same lag on IE and slightly on firefox
in other words all the above didn't fix jack sheet

it happened before and at that timei didn't know it was related to shockwave flash so I reinstalled windows. which I don't want to do again. I did it enough times already

I googled and goodled and all I found is people asking same question everywhere and no solid answer
can I use any tools like performance monitor to trace the problem? and see why its lagging so much

when I click google shortcut on my homepage it took about 10 seconds to load the plain google search page
cpu or network usage didn't go up at all and disk jumped to 3%

but I don't know what to look for on performance monitor

update:
ive been browsing support forums and seems like this is a very common defect. that I haven't found any solution to.
disabling the shockwave flash only does it for some pages. others still load slow
the activeX filtering has been disabled the whole time and then I tried enabled nothing happened

but I found something else just now
I click on a link and nothing happends. its not loading
but if I right click and open in a new tab it opens instantly with no problems.
but the original tab still not loaded even if I wait
that's in IE I haven't tested firefox yet

im just going by process of elimination that above means its IE problem or windows problem. not my network

anyone take a stab at it? Im willing to spend some time to troubleshoot this issue to find the cause.

Last edited:
To confirm try Chrome since it has Flash built-in and doesn't rely on an external plugin.

ok I just tested firefox and its doing much better.
pages open and everything works. I think firefox actually works normal like it should now.

I mainly use IE. I don't like how firefox reenders pages.

that's why im trying to fix the IE
would that problem show up in any kind of process/resource monitor?

I mainly use IE. I don't like how firefox reenders pages.

that's why im trying to fix the IE
would that problem show up in any kind of process/resource monitor?

Funny because IE doesn't follow standards like FF/Chrome/Opera/etc.

I kinda doubt it..but you could try Process Monitor / Process Explorer from Sysinternals.

this thing is very elusive. ive read a dozen of Microsoft support threads and no solution.
they just shooting in the dark hoping something will fix it.
and sometimes it does lol but im gonna have to try uninstall/reinstall IE and see what happens. I didn't want to loose all my saved passwords again for all the forums.

ive been staring at processexplorer and don't see anything unusual there either.

I don't know if it was Comcast that been messing with my modem but suddenly im having problems with my phone wifi as well as my desktop
at work my phone wifi works perfect.
I already reset my modem twice and it doesn't show anything out of place

its a netgear c3700-100nas (n600) modem/router. 3 months old
tvworks fine for Netflix
and downloads are normal speed as well as speed test results are good. just pages loading
on desktop and cellphone wifi sucks really bad.

wow Comcast did not disappoint again.

I contacted them twice about this and both times they didn't see anything wrong with my network

after all that sht and hella time spent troubleshooting I thught id ask Comcast for their firmware update logs to see if they updated bad firmware.

turns out all they had to do is resync the modem with their server... everything is back to full speed now. damn it I hate Comcast. but they do have best connection speed in my area

but if their headquarters happened to catch on fire I would pay for a taxicab to get there so I can film it in 4k quality

the java and shockwave addons are still buggy but its much faster now after reset.
they are sending me a replacement modem also because I had issues with 5g wifi since the beginning. it might be a combination of everything in this case
it happends to me all the time. everything piles up at once

Back
Top Bottom