Skype Security Hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Skype released a security hotfix yesterday which raised the version of Skype to 3.6.0.248. The hotfix addresses several security vulnerabilities especially the cross-zone scripting vulnerability that led to closing access to the Metacafe and Dailymotion video sources for sharing via Skype Chat windows.
I was not informed by Skype that a new update was available and had to initiate the download by myself. You can use the Help > Check for Updates menu in Skype to check if there is a new update available or download it right from the Skype homepage. Skype did introduce a whitelist / blacklist in this new version as well to prevent malicious use of the Skype API.
Users can take a look at all the bugfixes and changes in the new version on another Skype page that lists the release notes. Two situations where Skype would crash have been fixed as well which is good to hear. I never had that much problems with Skype although the application does feel a little bit clumsy if you ask me.
It is recommended that anyone updates to the latest version of Skype immediately.

Skype Security Hotfix :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom