Server 2003 migration to VM failure to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharn

Lord Techie,
OK I have a server 2003 machine I have just virtualised and for some reason it fails to update and BSOD's right after, the memory of the ESXi server checks out fine (I saw a issue like this where the ram was faulty but this is not the case this time this i am 100% certain off) and for some reason it won't allow me to log in post restart either locally or via remote desktop so I have to role in a new clone try it again and have the same result.

The really irritating thing is I can update the physical machine fine, but in ESXi and VMware workstation things are a totally different story and I have cloned the machine 3 times now.

Any bright ideas before I clone it again or at worst throw it out the window?

Ah OK I have found the problem, it's to do with the method I was using to clone the computer the Official method is to use cold clone but I tried the old way with bartPE and a disk imaging utility it was screwing up the update process and was doing something to the log in as well but I have no idea exactly what yet but I am seriously determined to find out as I have done it this way many times without this error but it might be something to do with VMware tool's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom